[NTLK] OT: Was Newton Development Contest

From: <mkow1234_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 12:23:55 EST

Ah, but Mark, it was only a few months ago that you too were using the Newtontalk list in a blatant attempt to drive your fledgling Apple/Newton retail business. I don't take any amusement from your business' failure, but I enjoy the list that much more when it is largely devoid of REPETITIVE marketing postings. I believe that references to eBay auctions or one's own personal business (when it gets to be announced several times a month) is a violation of Newtontalk member rights. We're not on this list for you to manipulate us into buying your stuff.

And yes, Ferdi, you do provide Newton eMate replacement ribbon cables for repairs -- but you sell them at roughly $40 bucks a pop -- and that's about the price one pays these days for an entire eMate.
I'm willing to bet you scored all those cables for a buck or two apiece... Way to pass the savings on to the consumer, there, buddy.

I know the ONE thing that you HAVE done, Ferdi, that has benefitted me personally was when you downloaded the entire Newton UNNA site, burned it on to CD's and then sold it on eBay. Of course, you did this against Victor's request not to do so, for fear of trashing the servers, etc. Ferdi, are you giving Victor a royalty from the sale of those Newton CD's?

Matt K.

"I just hope we all can understand we are all here with one goal to better the Newton community not bicker about little things.
~Best Regards
Mark Jozaitis"

{Yeah, sure...}