Re: [NTLK] Newt Printer

From: <hellsop_at_ninehells.com>
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 01:45:15 EST

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 10:07:01PM -0800, Martin Joseph wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2006, at 2:02 PM, hellsop@ninehells.com wrote:
>
> > Tiger Direct is currently hawking the Brother HL-5170DN as a
> > refurbished
> > unit for $190.
>
> Tiger direct is a slimy bunch of criminals who shouldn't be trusted. I
> recommend finding a different vendor if you want this printer.

Never had a problem with them that couldn't be resolved with a quick
fax... *reading downthread* So, they're a "slimy bunch of criminals"
because they retracted an order that you placed to take advantage of
an error and you never expected to be completed in the first place? You
got *exactly* what you expected would happen. That's what I'd call a
perfectly fair transaction.

--
The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of
zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.  -Justice Louis D. Brandeis