Re: [NTLK] MP2100 internet over ethernet: something new, something old.

From: <hellsop_at_ninehells.com>
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 08:45:56 EST

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 02:29:12PM +0100, Johannes Wolf wrote:
> First off:
> if the LED on the router is not lit while the ethernet card in your Newt is
> ACTIVE, there is something wron in your HARDWARE.

True, if "active" means actually attempting to send data. Not all
routers light simply based on having a valid link from card to port, or
even a card that's awake and listening. My Netgear only lights on a data
transmission or 100mb link. 10mb links (all my wired newton stuff is 10)
will show activity when the card actually transmits, but not for merely
turned on.

--
70. When my guards split up to search for intruders, they will always travel in
    groups of at least two. They will be trained so that if one of them