Re: [NTLK] X-Port under Classic (Tiger)

From: Walter Remson <w.remson_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri Jun 09 2006 - 00:03:07 EDT

I have a Mac MDD and connect my Newton to my Mac via wired ethernet
connection without any problems. I am also able to sync my newton using
NCU and Claris Organizer. I do not use any special software or hardware
to connect my Newton to my Mac. I always boot my Mac with Classic
running in background. The only thing that I maybe doing different from
most folks, is that my Mac OS9 is a copy of my system folder from my
old Beige Mac G3 running OS 9.2.2. I have tried using the Mac OS 9
System Folder that is installed with TIger, but this does not always
works so I use the System Folder from my original installation of OS
9.2.2. BTW, I also run Appletalk with my network configuration which is
most likely why I can connect my Newton via ethernet.