Re: [NTLK] PCMCIA adaptor for SD Memory

From: James Nichols <smilr_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 03:56:05 EDT

A "bus" is simply a collection of wires - in this case they were
referring specifically to the wiring that makes up a PCMCIA (aka PC
Card) slot, not Cardbus. Every PCMCIA card that I know of draws it's
power from the host device (newton, laptop etc.) through the card
slot, which can provide 3.3v, 7v and .. 12v(?) power I believe.

Paul's ATA Support software is needed to read ATA flash cards on a
newton. The most common of these being CF cards. The setup tools
included as part of the ATA Support will have you format and
partition the memory card once you place it in your newton ( assuming
they work with this particular adapter), so you don't need to do
anything to the card to prepare it.

  J. Tyler