Re: [NTLK] 1 or 2MB memory cards > OT

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sat Jul 29 2006 - 23:59:22 EDT

Yes in general they will work without the battery. However, as you
pointed out if you remove the card poof your data is gone. And I
believe some cards will loose it as soon a you power off the newt
(though rare). The batteries last a LONG time though. I have some
cards that I have had for almost 10 years and never replaced the battery
and they are fine. I will be replacing them soon though, just because I
don't want the battery to leak (they sometimes do just due to age).

-DB