Re: [NTLK] Seeking 1 or 2MB Newton memory cards

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri Jul 21 2006 - 12:27:23 EDT

On 7/21/06, Chris Browder <newtonusingfox@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I'm seeking any 1 or 2MB memory cards
> anyone would like to part with. I'd love to get the Apple-branded red/black
> Newton cards, and honestly I think 1MB would suffice for what I intend to
> back up (given NewtonWorks - which I don't think I'll be using very often -
> is in the ROM, I'm just backing up my notes file, NIE and the printer
> driver... the essentials, you know).

Unfortunately (and please, somebody, correct me if I'm wrong) but I
think that your initial backup onto the card has to be a full backup.
You can skip packages, I believe, but I don't think you can skip any
data. (unfortunately, I cannot confirm this because all my cards
already have backups on them, and I'm not willing to erase them to
test to see if my theory is correct) If that's true, it may be
possible that a 1 mb card won't suit you. I don't know how much
internal memory the eMate has, but you probably want a card at least
with enough to hold whatever is on your internal. So, you will want to
check that before you try a 1mb card. I have 4 meg cards I use just
for backups for my 2100, and they are full...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland