[NTLK] Problems with dialup connection

From: Jim Felder <felder_at_knology.net>
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 17:04:33 EDT

Hello, I'm new to this iteration of this list, having given up the
newton habit for about five years until I realized I should have
never gotten out.

When I travel, I like to be able to connect via dialup as a last
resort. I now have a 2100 with a Megahertz 56K. My ISP is Knology.
I'm having trouble dialing in. When I try, I end up getting the
message "The domain name does not exist."

The NIE settings are:

PPP
Configuration: Server
User ID correct
Access number correct
When closing, disconnect immmediately
Primary DNS/Name server address correct
Alternate DNS/Name server address correct
Domain name knology.net
Login script:
        wait for ogin
        send username
        send CR
        send PW
        send CR
        done

What am I missing here? I've set this up successfully many times, but
that was years ago and with a different ISP.

Thanks,

Jim