[NTLK] Connectivity Solutions

From: Darak Hollis (darakh_at_cox.net)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 14:56:55 PST

---"If none of your Macs has an old-style mini-DIN printer port, and it
only has USB ports, you will need, in addition to the above, a USB to
serial
converter"----

Again, thanks to each of you who have taken the time to respond. I
think I will attempt the USB solution, as it doesn't render the cable
I have already purchased useless. Also I am more familiar with USB.
Looks like the male end of the serial/USB cable will fit into the
female end of the cable I have, then into the respective computers. I
have NCU installed, hopefully file transfer can happen there.

--"Could you be more specific about how you tried to bootstrap using
IrDA with the wallstreet? What settings did you use on the newton and
on the laptop. What software were you trying to connect with on the
mac? This IrDA system is how I bootstrapped my MP2100, and is the
first thing I thought of when you mentioned you had the wallstreet
laptop."--

I was attempting to bootstrap modem-to-modem http://
tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/MODEMtoMODEM
This didn't work at all, following all steps. I was wondering as I
tried, does the modem just answer anonymously or does it have to be
dialed(specific phone number)?

Thanks again
darak