Re: [NTLK] Failure to set up a N2000 for wireless internet

From: Andrew Hazelden (andrewhazelden_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 08:34:00 PST

I have only used the Newton messagepad 2100's with a 3com ethernet card but
most problems in networking on Newton os 2.1 is with the Network settings.
Things like DHCP vs. fixed ip addresses, and the idle time out (saving
battery power at the cost of load times).

Also the subnet mask settings should be 255.255.255.0 unless you have a
custom config.

If you are using a fixed ip address for testing choose one in the
192.168.0.X range where the X mans any number from 1 to 255 like
192.168.0.4 for example

Andrew H.
West Dover, NS, Canada