Re: [NTLK] Problems with pen alignment

From: Cwashiidcvrmtrs_at_aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 07 2006 - 16:34:42 PST

In a message dated 1/7/2006 2:50:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
newton_at_chichak.ca writes:
>Everything was fine until a week ago, when I installed a program called
>"FlashClock" that popped up a clock everytime I signed on. It installed the
>package and a preference package.
Probably not related.

Well, considering that I have never, n-e-v-e-r, had this type of problem with
my 2100 until I installed the "Flashclock" program, I tend to think it was a
factor.

>Everytime I used the Newton from then on, the tracking is off so much that I
>have trouble writing and using my keyboard. Simple words written seem like
>zig-zag lines.

Sounds just like the "jaggies". Give the case a twist and see if it goes
away. If not, run a business card around the edge of the screen underneath
the bezel to remove dirt, hand filth, and other detritus.
I am not sure what you meant by "giving the case a twist," but I *did* clean
off my filthy(!) screen as you described. (Was I at a beach recently?!?)

Anyway, so far so good; it does not seem to be mis-aligning anymore...

One note: when I erased the possibly faulty program "Flashclock" and its
prefs package, I did not reset with the power button held down, as described by
another lister responding to my question. I am not even sure I did a reset at
all. Is there a difference?

Craig W.