Re: [NTLK] MP2100 internet over ethernet: something new, something old.

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 11:57:28 EST

From what you are describing, it sounds more like a hardware problem. I
forget but can you do other things such as print via Ethernet? The light not
coming on for the port on the router could be because the Newton does not
always keep the card powered up. But it could also be because the cable is
bad or of the wrong type. I had a similar problem when I was setting up my
Newton. I just grabbed a cable from the junk drawer and went crazy trying to
figure out why it wouldn't work till I realized I grabbed the only crossover
cable in the drawer instead of a proper network cable. I finally used my
notebook computer to get all of the hardware and cabling issues straightened
out and then moved the card to my Newton and worked out the setup issues.
Hope this helps.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe@comcast.net
mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41

Karel Jansens wrote:
<snip>
So why doesn't the light on the router go on when I try to connect?
<snip>