Re: [NTLK] the Tablet Rumor arises AGAIN!

From: oliver.brose_at_t-online.de
Date: Sat Feb 11 2006 - 05:24:09 PST

>Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:23:40 -0500
>From: Harry Teasley <hteasley_at_gmail.com>
>
>There was very little that was actually *done* in that video that
>couldn't be done faster in a traditional interface, aside from the
>nifty swirly stuff.

It's high time we all do more nifty swirly stuff :)
Saw the vid a couple of days ago, and it is really impressive.
(Multi)Touchcontrols this responsive will revolutionize the way many
professionals interact with their systems. Think about all the places
where software emulates hardware in the GUI (think mixer controls for
example), all the knobs & sliders - it would be much more natural to
use touchcontrols than a mouse. Depending upon the resolution of the
digitizer it might also be more precise. I'm not even talking about
the possible applications in medical or military environments.

And of course this tablet would rock any real-time or turn-based 3D
strategy-game *g*

Oliver :)

--
Returning to my own footprints in the snow
I realize