Re: [NTLK] Einstein on Mac OSX

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 21:20:09 PST

Mark Rollins wrote:
> On 2/1/06 9:43 AM, "newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net" <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
> wrote:
>

>>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Einstein on Mac OSX
>>Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 17:04:54 +1300
>>
>>So how come you don't use it for your day-to-day scheduling?
>

> This is why:
> http://sonyelectronics.sonystyle.com/micros/clie/models/ux50.html

I don't see how any shape form or size of windows, as it exists today,
even compares to the functionality available in a newton. obtw neither
does a mac. I've seem nothing else, other than research projects, that
allows your data to interconnect in the same manner as your brain does.
It's as simple as that. So even if you handed me some handheld device
that ran doom 3 at 400fps on a 5" screen at 900dpi; if it still worked
the same as my desktop at work it would be cute but not very useful as
an organiser. oh that goes even if it did voice recognition. It's the
linking of the data, all by itself, that provides the foundation of
every unique thing it does.

william

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.