Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newton Connection for Mac OS X

From: James Wages <james_at_kiramek.com>
Date: Tue Dec 26 2006 - 21:16:16 EST

I tried downloading NCX again, but I get the same errors. However, when I
tried it on my G4 Cube at work, everything went well!

I believe the problem is related to permissions. I get asked for my login
name and password during the installation at home, but when I run the
installer on my Cube here at work, I am not asked for my Admin password. So
the installer cannot work around "permissions" related issues -- whatever
those may be on my HD at home. Running Disk Utility did not fix the
problem. I guess I can try root user tonight when I get home and see if
that works. Worst case, I can copy the app from my Cube at work to my Cube
at home. So long as the installer only installs that app, then it should
work fine. But if there are files other than the app installed, then I
would need to know what they are to copy them over.

Thanks,

James Wages