[NTLK] DCHP not working? 'Re: IrDA package install problem'

From: John M. <john8520_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Dec 26 2006 - 20:56:02 EST

Ah yes, that work just right, thanks.

But, unfortunately, WiFi doesn't. Every single time I try, I get the
error "NIE Error: Problem connecting to DCHP server unavailable or
unable to configure this device."

This is how it is all set up -

  On the mac:
      OS 10.4.8, Escale, and NCX
      Sharing my 10/100 connection on WiFi on a 'computer to
computer', channel 3.
      No WEP passwords

On the 2100
     Hiroshi's Driver, NIE2.0, Escale TCP/IP Dock, NCX Dock
     Lucent WaveLan Silver.

I have set up internet setup to use this card and do DCHP, I left the
domain name blank. Under owner info > home the WiFi card is properly
seen. the mode is set to ad-hoc, the channel is 3, the SSID is
correct, same caps and everything, WEP is disabled. When I go to
dock, my options are Serial, Modem, IrDA, and TCP/IP. When I go to
dock, I open NCX, choose TCP/IP docking on the newton, and tap
'connect'. The little loading bar comes up, it goes a little ways,
then hangs. i can see lights on the wifi card blinking, so I think
its trying to do something.

When I tell the dock to connect over internet, it hangs at the same
place, while looking for a mac to dock too.

My guess is that DCHP just isn't working at all, and I should try
Manual settings, but I have no idea what to enter. The OS X macs' IP
is 192.168.1.110, and typically when I share its wifi connection to
an ethernet cable, its 192.168.2.x.

I'll test some things out and see what I can do, I really hope I can
get this going...