Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newton Connection for Mac OS X

From: Michael C. Wittmann <mwittmann_at_maine.edu>
Date: Tue Dec 26 2006 - 09:19:05 EST

Hey, all,

It works, and I can use my Intel Mac again to backup! Woo hoo!
Seriously, this was the last reason for me to keep my old tower
around, just to have the Newton backups work. I already use NewtSync
to move (individual) text files (one per note) to my desktop. I truly
look forward to synching now. My god, this changes everything! Thank
you, Simon.

For those who might have a firewall set up, be sure to create a new
"opening" at port 3679. I didn't do that and could not figure out
what was going on. Then, insight, and suddenly it just works. I'm
backing up right now (after doing a backup on my old tower using NCU
in Classic).

Seriously, I've been looking into emulation and all sorts of pathways
to get NCU running on my Intel Mac. Now, all that is unnecessary. Wow.

Michael