Re: [NTLK] WiFi Problems

From: Ian Johnson <itjohnson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Dec 21 2006 - 13:45:36 EST

On Dec 21, 2006, at 12:54 PM, Sonny Hung wrote:

> My best wishes on your adventure... with WiFi...
> First off what version of the WaveLAN card do you have?
> Original White Label, Bronze, Silver or Gold... or OEM (which level/
> color)?

It's a Turbo Silver (the one in the graphite Airport base stations).

> This will be the deciding factor possibly if it will work.
> Also you will need to figure out if it's not a WaveLAN that's already
> recognized. If it's a variant that isn't recognized then you might
> need to try More WiFi or possibly try Card Info and get the info for
> More WiFi to be updated to recognize the card...

This is interesting - when I installed More WiFi, the Newton gave me
an error message that said Hiroshi's driver and Lantern/Newton
Devices had to be installed, even though both of those packages were
already on the Newton. It installed More WiFi anyway, but it hasn't
helped anything. It sounds like I have everything installed that's
supposed to be, but for some reason the Newton refuses to recognize
the card.

-Ian