[NTLK] Re eBay and PayPal

From: Russ Bravo <russbravo_at_lineone.net>
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 16:54:51 EST

Neither are perfect, and I've had bad experiences with both.

But as a proportion over five years or so, the bad experiences have
been massively outweighed by the good. I've had great fun, bought and
sold some great stuff, and met some thoroughly decent people.

Yes, eBay and PayPal could both improve their game significantly. Yes,
there are unscrupulous people out there and idiots and scammers, too.
Just like in the rest of life. But careful reading of auction listings,
scanning of feedback etc normally keeps you safe and out of trouble.

Put it this way: without eBay, I wouldn't have discovered the Newton.
And there are many like me - our first units were bought there, and
that still holds true today.

So for all its faults, I'll still salute eBay - it's helped keep the
Newton alive. And I think we're all glad of that :)

Russ, UK