Re: [NTLK] MP2100 screen burn-in

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 15:31:43 EST

On 12/12/06, knowtree@aloha.com <knowtree@aloha.com> wrote:
> I like using my MP2100 to dial my phone and log calls. I have it sitting
> next to my Unix workstation, with a keyboard and A/C adaptor. When I use
> the A/C adaptor the MP does not power down automatically. Is there any risk
> of damaging the screen? IIRC, LCD panels do not suffer from burn-in the way
> CRT-based video monitors are. Can I leave my MP turned pn all day?

I don't think it should suffer from burn-in - if you think about LCD
technologies which are similar to the LCDs in calculators when they
are off they are off and when they are on they are off till that pixel
or segment is enabled from what I know...

I've left mine on for 24/7 a few times for weeks on end before and
never really seen any damage. The only issue is the backlight which
grows dimmer with use.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung