Re: [NTLK] Connecting to my computer

From: Thomas Bockhorn <historian.thomas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 11 2006 - 11:48:52 EDT

Stephen
All you need is a keyspan adapter to convert an old serial connection to a
USB connection, a serial connection for a mac, and a dongle to connect your
newton to a serial cable. Once you got all of those things and a driver for
the keyspan which you can download for free, you need a Newton Connection
Utilities program which you can also download for free. Once you got all of
those things, then you are on your way for your newton to connect to your
mac mini.

Initially, from what I understand you will need to connect your newton to
your mac mini in this way so drivers for things such as wireless cards can
be installed. Once that is accomplished, then you can whatever connection
you have the hardware for and abandon the serial connection.

Thomas

--
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who
points out how the strong man stumbles or where
the doer of deeds could have done better. The
credit belongs to the man who is actually in the
arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat
and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and
comes up short again and again, because there
is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who
knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions,
who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at
the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high
achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails,
at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his
place shall never be with those cold and timid
souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt