Re: [NTLK] newton network nonsense

From: emccaughan <emccaughan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 10:09:41 EDT

Grant Hutchinson wrote:
> On 9-Aug-06, at 6:35 AM, Simon Bell wrote:
>

>>> My newt doesn't seem to be able to connect to the internet and I can't
>>> quite work out why.

>> Have you tried deleting the Internet DNS Cache icon in Storage? That
>> can occasionally become corrupted so that nothing can be looked up.
>>

> It definitely sounds like a DNS issue, as Simon stated.
>
> You could also try to connect to a server using its IP address rather
> than the host name. If you connect, that would prove that the connect
> itself is fine.
>
> g.

*coff*
"-its not dns, giving it the ip address doesn't help either"
(I appreciate the intention though guys)

I tried giving the ip address and it didn't change anything, deleting
the dns cache, courier settings, internet setups in storage which made
no difference.

I may just do a brain wipe and start over, although I'd prefer to solve
it instead of using the sledgehammer approach

Thanks

Edward