Re: [NTLK] WiFi driver registration ... so, it's gone?

From: <maynard_at_jmg.com>
Date: Mon Aug 07 2006 - 15:27:42 EDT

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Paul Curtis wrote:

> I can connect just fine from my Linksys WRT54G & WRT54GS using my Buffalo
> WLI-PCM-L11GP and I know Sonny uses a pretty slick Sony card, but what
> 802.11 router he's using I don't know...

    There are six hardware versions of the WRT54G, each one requiring
specific (and different) firmware revisions when upgrading. Mine is a
WRT54G V.5 (flashed to the latest firmware). I've tried just about every
wireless, QOS, and security settings - just to make sure. Whatever is
going on, it's pretty low level. G->B negotiation is not the culprit, as
I've manually forced it down to B.