Re: [NTLK] Keyspan USB question

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Sun Aug 06 2006 - 03:37:54 EDT

On Aug 4, 2006, at 5:38 PM, Frederick Bauman wrote:

> Thanks guys. So since I have a dongle already, am I correct in
> determining that either one works fine?

The dongle gets you the mini din 8 on the Newton side. If you are
going to to use the PC style serial port, you need a cable that
either goes to the dongle or goes directly to the Newton interconnect
port (these do exist).

If you are going to use the mac style serial port, you need the
standard old imagewriter cable which is common as dirt and has a mini
DIN 8 at both ends.

Contacting Adriano is also a good thought, since we know he can get
you the whole deal.

Marty