Re: [NTLK] inetnet connectivity

From: Jim Felder <felder_at_knology.net>
Date: Fri Aug 04 2006 - 21:53:02 EDT

Do you have your serial port drivers installed to use Newton
Connection Utilities? That's pretty bulletproof under Classic mode,
if that's what you're running.

Have you tried dialup with a modem card to get on the Internet?

That always works for me, and that's ALL that works for me. I have
the same adapter cards as you. I'm on knology and can't get on the
internet with either ethernet cable or wireless. Years ago I worked
for a REAL ISP and it was no problem. The tech people at knology just
want to get off the phone when you mention Newton, they say "call
apple."

Don't know why newtscape wants you to register. I'm using old apps,
mostly, that I bought back in the day. Getting some them registered
again will probably be impossible, and I can't find my registrations
for all the original software I bought. But newtscape doesn't ask for
a registration. If you're using an old stash of apps, try downloading
them anew from the links at the bottom of this email.

Good luck,

Jim