[NTLK] inetnet connectivity

From: <maynard_at_jmg.com>
Date: Fri Aug 04 2006 - 21:03:45 EDT

   Hello,

   my Newt 2100 just arrived. I've been trying to get it connected to my
laptop for syncing, as well as to my linksys wireless / 10baset router.
It's been a failure all around. Here's what I've got:

1) a 4mb card with the inet connectivity kit, the faralon 398 drivers, the
lucent wavelan drivers, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

2) a 3c598D card (should work); a Lucent Wavelan Bronze card (should
work)

3) a newt serial dongle, a cable (both null modem and straight through), a
usb->serial converter for my laptop (should work)

none of it does the trick. The serial dongle works though, because I've
used it with a newt keyboard. I think I'm just plain confused about *how*
this is supposed to work. How do I verify that eith the nic card or the
wavelan card initiated a dhcp request? Where do I check my ip address? And
why is newtscape demanding that I register? It's the only tool I have to
grab new software with once I get on the net.

*sigh*

There has to be a way to get this thing online.

Suggestions?

--M