Re: [NTLK] Windows serial problem

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 10:09:54 EDT

On 4/24/06, David Kennedy <pken3556@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> My emate300 connects to NCU on my SE/30 via Appletalk very nicely. I'm now
> attempting to connect it to NCU on a 266Mhz Toshiba laptop via serial. The
> Toshiba has only one serial port, and I've plugged in a regulation DIN8 to
> DB9 cable. I'm using the 38400 default speed.
>
> But NCU won't connect via Serial, and it doesn't seem to matter if I use
> Slowdown or not. Shifting down to 9600 makes no difference either.

David,

do you have any other apps associated with the com port?
I had to remove or disable the Palm HotSync apps to get it to work
with my Dell 266mHz DeskTop and I definitely did not use slowdown.exe
as the machine is is vintage for the Newton.

Which OS are you running though? mine had W95 and though I upgraded to
W98 and W2000 it worked fine with any of those versions of Windows..

I haven't used my older PC's is awhile so I'd have to pull them out to
try it out to help you out... anyone one else using an older PC or
knows this stuff off the top of their head?

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung