[NTLK] So many questions, so little time...

From: joshua james <doomsdaygap_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Apr 23 2006 - 18:29:37 EDT

I have MacinTalk installed, and there used to be a selection in the routing
menu of my books for "speak text". Now it's only there in notes but not in
books. Any ideas where it went and how to get it back?
On a related note, does anyone have a link to a site with good instructions
for adding a line out, maybe something with a part number for the jack? The
ones I found at RS are way to big to be useable.

Also, a quick question about works: is the text editing part of it only
useable with a keyboard? It doesn't seem to acknowledge the stylus for entry
at all.

Also also, I'd like to take this opportunity to send a phat shout out to the
industrial designer who created the eMate keyboard. I have an physical
abnormality with the fingers on my left hand which only lets me use the
pinky for typing, so I'm down to six digits. I have a much lower error rate
typing on the eMate than on a standard keyboard, I suppose because of the
reduced reach between keys. I just wish there was a way to use it on my
regular PC. Does anyone know if the 2100 keyboard is of similar dimensions?

Also also also, if anyone's still reading this thread, does anyone know how
to export notes and such off the Newt and onto a desktop PC? whenever I try
it asks me to choose an executable and I'm not sure what it wants.

Whew...

.:Josh:.