Re: [NTLK] A day in the life

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun Apr 23 2006 - 01:54:00 EDT

On 4/23/06, James Fraser <fast_fierce_and_funny@hotmail.com> wrote:
> So: are there any other MP 130 (or 1x0) owners still using their Newtons for
> day-to-day tasks? Or does everyone else find themselves shaking their heads
> and tut-tutting after reading this?

You are so very, _very_ alone! ;-) Seriously, however, I believe there
are even people using 110s and OMPs on this list. My children have and
use 120s, but only for writing and drawing. They don't need the
calendar and addresses. ;-) Oh, and they play games, too.

All that said, I would tell you that now is the time to finally
satiate that urge, that sense of longing, and all that.... Wait too
much longer, and you will regret it. In fact, as soon as you get your
hands on a 2100, you will regret all those years wasted on the 130
when you could have been using a 2100. It is so very much better! And
the software you can run! HWR is more than usable, and apps just snap.
You will find yourself using your Newton far more and for more. Oh,
and Works is just plain fun! You really ought to make the jump now,
and not wait much longer! ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland