Re: [NTLK] A day in the life

From: James Fraser <fast_fierce_and_funny_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat Apr 22 2006 - 23:12:12 EDT

Hello Everyone,

Ian R. Campbell <iantm_at_mac.com> wrote:

>My messagepad 130 served as an incredibly versatile note taking device

Is anyone else out there using a 130 as a day-to-day Newton? I guess I'm
looking for additional "positive reinforcement."

What I mean is: I favor the 130 for the more robust build quality (my
perception) and the fact that backup/replacement units can be had at
relatively low cost compared to the 2x00 Newtons.

But frankly, I think the primary reason I'm trying to eke out a 130 is: I
understand that the jump from a 1x0 Newton to a 2x00 unit is a rather
exciting and dramatic one. SInce this is something I'll experience only
once, I feel I'm obligated to drag out the suspense for as long as possible.
Alfred Hitchcock himself would be quite proud of me at this point.

So: are there any other MP 130 (or 1x0) owners still using their Newtons for
day-to-day tasks? Or does everyone else find themselves shaking their heads
and tut-tutting after reading this?

Best,

James Fraser