Re: [NTLK] Halfway towards a 'Getting Things Done' solution?

From: Steven Frank <stevenf_at_panic.com>
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 15:41:45 EDT

Just to continue the discussion: As far as the methods described in
"Getting Things Done" The Book, I am surprised at how well Adam Tow's
NewtToDo meshes with the process.
Since basically in GTD you are just keeping a series of lists -- your
big project and "someday" lists, and your smaller next action lists
by context. You can make folders for all of those in NewtToDo, and
without much effort, filter down to just one context or list. It's
also easy to attach various note stationaries to a to-do, for your
supporting information.

I took a serious look at MoreInfo for the first time last night and
was kind of heartbroken. I am absolutely in love with the linking
capabilities, but this software seems like it was designed for folks
who primarily deal with PEOPLE. I primarily deal with TASKS.
Moreover, UNDATED tasks. Things that I need to do, but don't have a
hard deadline. I also don't really care about task priorities, since
I sort of inherently know what I should be working on. I'm mainly in
it for the memory jogs. MI adds so much to the Newton's interface
that it kind of makes my head explode.

MI really wants to emphasize meetings and people, and that just
doesn't jibe with the sorts of things I need to keep track of. If I
was in sales, this app would be like a dream come true. Like I said,
I'm heartbroken, because I love the linking and would still love to
use it if I can figure out a tricky way of setting it up that works
better for me, and maybe hide about half the options. :)

Steven
http://panic.com/
http://stevenf.com/