Re: [NTLK] Looking for Mic and Related Electronics

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Wed Apr 12 2006 - 18:32:26 EDT

> Does anyone have a spare mic for a Newton 2000?

I can send you one for the cost of shipping.

> The wire from the mic became disconnected from the jack at the mic end

I don't understand. There is no jack at the mic end? Unless my
imagination
isn't what it used to be, it's

Mic )------- grey wire -------( connector. There's a jack on the
mainboard
that the connector plugs into.

> My heatsink slip and fried the mic and the little silver
transistor/capacitor
> nwith two leads. This silver thingy tucks into the spring-loaded
battery end of
> the case. Have any idea about the replacement for this?

I could probably cannibalize one from one of my corpses, if only I knew
which part
you mean. Can you have a look at

    http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html

and use one of the images there to describe what you mean?

> Can I cannibalize from an H1000 or any of the earlier Newton models?

Maybe, depending on which component we are talking about.

Cheers

Frank