Re: [NTLK] How to transfer entire soup to PC/Mac?

From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Wed Apr 12 2006 - 15:36:30 EDT

Thomas Tempelmann wrote:
> I have many connection tools and converters etc. installed, it's just
> a question of how to get the soup data across.
>
> I know there is slourp, but that is not able to transfer via
> ethernet(tcp//ip) or other transports, is it? Somehow I have in my
> mind that it requires a serial connection and the old dev tools, which
> I am not eager to pull out again.

Sloup will read/write from the serial port, you can interact with it using a
simple terminal emulator if you know the syntax - you don't need any special
tools.

I believe (and the documentation backs me up) that if you give Sloup an empty
entrySpec, it will dump all slots. So a command like this:

Names
{}
DUMP!

Should print every slot in every entry in the Names soup.

There's also a decent description of the slots in Names here:

http://home.comcast.net/~saweyer/newton/sloup/slrpsoup.htm#Names:%20Structure

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@newtontalk.net - chuma@chuma.org