Re: [NTLK] USB-serial bridge drivers for OS X

From: Richard Clark (mawgadog_at_tin.it)
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 07:09:07 PDT

> I've found OS X drivers for several USB-serial devices (all with no
> 'official' drivers), just gotta know the chip inside. (Even if one
> can't
> open the adapter's case one can still probably get the bridge
> chip's ID
> using System Profiler.)

I opened up two of my three usb to serial devices , each one of them
has 4 ic's on them one big one which is phillips 87C52UBAA, A8211
and 3 smaller ic's one phillips one CSI and one that has an i and
says hin. never was able to get those to work under OS X, I also have
one that was made for palm have no idea what is inside that one
though doesn't work under X either.

Richard