Re: [NTLK] BT-001: Internal Bluetooth Card for MP2x00

From: Jake Bordens (newton_at_allaboutjake.com)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 03:52:54 PDT

On Sep 21, 2005, at 9:19 PM, Bret Feinblatt wrote:
> If that's pretty much the story, if you're not going to mass produce
> them, once you've perfected it would you at least be willing to share
> the design plans and part specs with those of us who don't mind
> making our own printed circuit boards? Because I would love to be
> able to sync my Newt data and my computer data without having to go
> to one of my classic Macs to do it.

I can probably do that, no problem there. I might even be convinced
to print a few extra bare boards... however, I am not interested in
laying out lots of money to have them professionally produced. Also,
I'm not interested in hand assembling and surface mounting many of
them. (Solder paste SMT is not so easy when you don't have a
stencil... and my prototype was done by hand)

I also haven't decided what to do with this first prototype. I was
thinking of selling it to pay for further development... but the
alternative is to scalp the parts off for the next board (which is
what I'll probably do).

For those of you want to see where I got my module:
<http://www.sparkfun.com/shop/index.php?
shop=1&match_criteria=all&rec=&keywords=RF-BT-SMD>

You can download the product sheet, or request the AT Command Set
yourself if you are curious about the module's capabilities.

Jake