Re: [NTLK] Re(2): NewtToDo a repeating 3 week meeting?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 07:18:26 PDT

John Hay wrote:
> I checked. I don't see any way to stipulate this :-(
>

> 9/12/05 John Hay issued the following on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . .
>

>>If only there
>>was a way to enter such a time span. I'll double check.

But, it seems that the functionality is there. If I'm reading the programmers
reference right, it seems that the "every other week" option is actually
implemented as every 14 days, to quote page 16-59:

"Technically, /period/ can range between 1 and 255; however, the current
Newton user interface allows the user to choose only every other week (14
days) for this kind of meeting. Openind a /kPeriod/ meeting always displays
it as an 'Every other week' meeting type and resets its /period/ to 14."

Someone feel like hacking it? I think that you would actually only have to
override one function:

GetRoot().calendar.GetRepeatSpec

You know when you tap "Other" and get the floating window to choose the repeat
type? That window calls GetRepeatSpec to get the list of repeating options.

For every three weeks, the frame would look like:

{
        repeatType: 'kPeriod,
        mtgInfo: 21,
        mtgStartDate: (inherited from meeting)