Re: [NTLK] Support stand concept for Keyboard and MP2x00

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 11 2005 - 05:43:01 PDT

Hi John,

first thanks for your interest on the Clear Dock.

Make yours as a nice product and obviously there will be a demand for =20=

it,
but apart from an esthetical point, the demand can grow quickly
when making a very useful product.
This is the hard part i think, considering that
the MessagePad is a completely portable device,
made to be used as a tablet, and the most of people (apart from Bruce =20=

^_^)
will carry it in their hands or will need to have it positioned
at 180=B0 to be able to draw on it in total comfort.

I made the Clear Dock cause the MessagePad can be used
as a sort of desktop computer or maybe it can be just put
at the center of your media needs. So when surfing the web
one would need to put the MessagePad on a stand
to be able to look at a display positioned upright.

So if you want to know if there will be a demand for your product,
firstly respond yourself to the questions below:

  - Why bring a portable keyboard when you have the best HWR in the =20
world?

  - Why put your MessagePad in a hard case when its case is already hard
and includes a amazingly disappearing screen-cover?

  - The MessagePad weights > 600gr (>1,30lb) and it's heavy for =20
actual standards,
so when putting it in an alu folder, will its weight still be =20
somewhat comfortable?

You are not 10 years too late,
cause the very best solution for a Newton stand
has never been made...

Isn't it?

Regards,

Adriano