[NTLK] Support stand concept for Keyboard and MP2x00

From: Jon Scordia (jscordia_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Sep 11 2005 - 04:39:16 PDT

Adriano and everyone else, Hello...
Adriano's prototytpe 'Newton Clear Dock', which I came across today set
me thinking...

http://homepage.mac.com/adriano.angelillis/PhotoAlbum4.html.

I'm sure that many of us have thought about a neat support that'll
elegantly support and (adjustably) angle the MP over the keyboard in
laptop fashion like this.

For the last month or so I've been doodling an idea for a lightweight
CNC'd aluminium folding support that'll actually fit into the back of
the existing Newton Keyboard softcase. It's very portable and uses the
MP's weight to keep everything steady. I keep meaning to get around to
prototyping it. Need to check I've got the balance point right!

Question is, is there a need or demand for such a thing? Adriano, you
got further than me and probably didn't think so!

I would welcome your comments, and of course would produce such a thing
if there proved to be a demand!

(I'm probably 10 years too late)

Regards

Jon.