[NTLK] NCU for Tiger?

From: Paul Byrnes (pbyrnes_at_attglobal.net)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 07:45:03 PDT

Dear Newton gurus
I too am a Newbie to the list - though not to the Newton - so please be
gentle. Have loved my two Newts for several years. I have RSI in both
hands which means keyboards are out for any lengthy writing so the
Newton saved my working life - wrote a book on my 2100 five years ago
and still write my film reviews on it every week. My PB G4 transfers
from Notes fine in OSX.2.8 via NCU using Keyspan Serial adaptor but I
have recently been loaned a spanking new PB G4 that only runs Tiger
(and classic), and I need to get NCU working on it too. (It's for a job
where the organisation won't support me using my own computer - so they
want me to use theirs). Problem is I have lost the NCU disks; simple, I
thought, I'll just copy over the NCU files on my old G4 to the new one.
Did this but get an error saying it won't run without the
Communications Toolbox - and I have no idea what that is. Nor does the
Search function on my old G4 find anything with that name.
Is there a better way? I looked at Newtsync, because I only really need
the Notes to transfer over, but the site seems to be saying it is no
longer supported. Looked at unna for NCU as download but couldn't work
out if NCU for 2100 was available and whether I need a whole suite of
things there or just NCU. Looked at ethernet but don't have an ethernet
card for my newt (though would be prepared to buy one if it will keep
me connecting). I don't understand bluetooth but my new computer
supports it - could this be the go?
Even if I download a complete new NCU, will it run on Classic via
Tiger? Seems like people have been having lotsa problems. My arms, me
and my doctor will thank you for any help on this one.
Many thanks
Paul Byrnes