Re: [NTLK] Action Names replacement?

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 19:14:57 PST

I have no solution for the soups but ...
Shawn Baker wrote:
> Hi all,

<snip>
> Do, today's agenda, and recent calls (even though I'd never use it;
> useless with today's cellphones :P).
ok can yur phone tell you when and how many times you called or recieved
a call from someone in particular? can it track what you talked about?
I've used AN to track such things especially for large projects with a
lot of participants.

   One problem exists with AN: It
> decides that it needs to keep things in it's own soups. This means
<snip>
as others have suggested this is only an issue if you want or need to
have your data available in multiple places. personally I've always
considered my newt to be the one place where all of my task related /
scheduled data resided. the only reason I'D have for syncing it would be
to publish items for others to see or to import requests into my
schedule / address book / to do list. so I guess syncing is not exactly
it but import export is. and someday RSN I'm going to actually use that
copy of X-Port I bought so many years ago ;-)

william

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.