[NTLK] OT: winter newton activities WAS:Twin Cities Newton gathering

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 19:08:08 PST

Norman Palardy wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2005, at 6:43 PM, William Pociengel wrote:
>

>>Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:
>>
>>> I keep telling myself I will move to St Paul someday.
>>>
>>> A Newton group, they have an Atari group there, and I believe
>>>the =
>>>Prarie Home Companion radio program produces a lot of their shows
>>>there.
>>
>>if it's old and home spun then it's happenin in the upper midwest. So
>>who says we have nothing to do in the winter ;-)
>

> "When do you find time for hockey ?" asks the Canuck

every time you 'find' ice ;-) and a newton is great for keeping stats.
oh and don't forget to use it for tuning tips when ice racing
(motorcycle, karts, ice sailing, sleds and such) perfect time for that
ol GPS. now if I could just get me a data logger built into my newt ....

by the way all seriousness aside, the upper midwest was the home of at
least 3 of the largest super computer companies in the world. and at
least one, ok the only one, that used to immerse their processor in
liquid nitrogen. oh not as some test but as an actual opperating
environment.

william

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.