[NTLK] CIA World Book Part I (Countries of economic, industrial, political, or strategic concern to the U.S.)

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 06:54:08 PDT

Greetings Newton Folks,

I am nearing completion of the first volume of a CIA World Book project for the Newton platform. For the time being,the eBook will only be available in the MP 2x00 portrait format. Before anybody gets mad at the lack of support for other Newton models, read further. I can supply the source NP! file to anyone interested in going through the many hours of tedious re-formatting for other Newton model compatibility. Bear in mind, this eBook contains a hyperlink in the TOC for EVERY sub-topic for each country. There is also a map image of each country in the eBook. Lots of work to format this one!

This first volume contains information on the background, people, economy, industrial output, communications systems, transportion networks, additional economic data, military strength (by population), transnational issues, and illicit drug usage.

Naturally, I could not include every country, or this e-Book would have consumed a lifetime of effort!
I confined the first volume to only include some countries that would be of concern/interest to the United States because of economic, industrial, political, or strategic concerns. Folks may or may not agree (too bad) with the choices listed in this volume. I personally think there are good reasons for including each of the following nations:

Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, China, Colombia, European Union, India, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, and the Ukraine. Maybe I'll throw in one or two others (Libya? Syria?)

I hope this eBook will prove useful as a reference tool. The next time somebody reads a story in the news about one of these countries, they can quickly look up background information, demographics, political information, ecomomic statistics, etc. I next plan to begin work on a World Book for the Americas. This eBook should be available in a day or so, depending on my schedule today. Stay tuned.

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan, USA