Re: [NTLK] [WTB] Want To Buy a "Clear" Newton

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 13:24:32 PDT

I also remember that the buy-in gave you a choice of
paying more for a fully finished piece that was QA'ed
and ready for installation with little or not fitting
required, or paying less and you'ld have to remove the
flashing and test fit and make small mods to the case
to get it to fit...
Initial buy in if I remember correctly was something
like $500 with payments for each piece you received
(discounted because of the original $500 buy it)

Ed
web/gadget guru
Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton:
http://newton.tek-ed.com

--- DJ Vollkasko <DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net> wrote:
<snip>

> The original Frozen Newton project worked this way:
> Some people were
> doing
> this. They had a very precise time schedule and
> business plan. If you
> wanted
> to become part of this, you entered into a contract
> with them and also
> prepaid at least part of the case IIRC (which
> somehow was like a
> manufacturing cooperative). They then manufactured
> parts according to
> schedule and give them out and be paid the rest.
> Every side was bound by
> that contract to fulfill the agreement. Somehow like
> this--very strict,
> very
> credible.
<snip>

"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial

http://farechase.yahoo.com