Re: [NTLK] einstein project dead?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 10:45:09 PDT

Le 24 oct. 05 =E0 19:00, Grant Hutchinson a =E9crit :

> On Oct 24, 2005, at 9:57 AM, smoerk wrote:
>

>> what happened to the einstein project? no news since months,
>> UP2 is expired. is it dead?
>>

> It's not dead. It's restin'.
>
> Paul has been extremely busy with his PhD work and has been living in
> Japan for the past few months. It'd be better if I allowed him to
> respond directly to this question, but it make take a while. I'm not
> sure how often he catches up on his NTLK mail. If I hear from him in
> the meantime, I'll ask. I'd like to have an unexpired version to play
> with as well.

That's it, I'm very busy with my daily work. I came back to Paris for =20=

5 months to complete my teaching assistantship and in parallel, I =20
have to start looking for a job starting from October, 1st.

The demo on the website still works due to a bug in the beta code.

The version in CVS (on my computer, that is) includes a new =20
implementation of the dynamic translation engine based on cache pages =20=

to work on machines with little memory (read: Zaurus - the UP2 =20
version needs 100 MB of RAM). The first code worked, but there were a =20=

design bug with so many pages hit that it was 4 times slower than =20
UP2. The current build doesn't work (I fixed the design bug, but =20
probably not entirely).

I last touched this on October, 6th. For a free-time project, it's =20
not really dead.

Paul
--=20
Ministre ultrapl=E9nipotentiaire en disponibilit=E9.
Mobile. Sans baignoire fixe.
http://www.kallisys.com/
http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~guyot/