Re: [NTLK] NewtWiki

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Sat Oct 22 2005 - 08:19:41 PDT

> Is the Sourcecode available? Did Jim release that app to the
> community?

It is and he did.

> What I always would have loved would be a "synchable Wiki", where you
> could download and even subscribe pages of an existing Wiki (e.g. the
> one linked below, or Wikipedia, or whatever), read or edit it on the
> Newton, and then upload ("synch") it...

I have been using VoodooPad <http://flyingmeat.com/> which is a
desktop wiki implementation and it would be nice to move data around
with its structure intact from desktop to web to database etc.
Versioning can be hassle though.

I am also using an online wiki from JotSpot <http://www.jot.com/>
which does not require you to know any formatting rules, the editing
is by way of a button bar so it's easy to use for anyone.

The wiki concept is much more like the symmetrical web envisaged by
Tim Berners-Lee and is certainly a good medium for collaborative
working or personal project management.

Joel.