[NTLK] Change "date sent" tag in SimpleMail

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 16:31:03 PDT

> It seems, though, that it's impossible. Sigh.
> I wish that weren't the case. Such is life.
> Anyone have another suggestion?

Nothing is impossible. Well, almost nothing.
Give me the right people and enough money and
I will eventually come up with a new and
much better Newton...

For a start, it should be possible to simply
set the Newton's date to the note's creation
date before sending it. The note, that is, not
the Newton.

This might become somewhat tiresome if you want
to send MANY notes, so the strategy would be to write
a program that

a) parses all notes in a particular folder
b) gets their date
c) sets the Newton's date accordingly and
d) sends the mail via SimpleMail.

I could write a program that
takes care of a, b and c, but I haven't a clue
how a program can put a particular note into the
out box.

A nice challenge for those of us who always wanted
to have a go at NewtonScript ;-)

Frank