Re: [NTLK] Anyone out there printing to a network?

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 08:13:07 PDT

Quoting Andrei Chichak <newton_at_chichak.ca>:

> I'm not sure how the Appletalk from the Newt would pass through your WIFI
> since it is not a routable protocol, so you might want to start off with
> the wired connection.

There were reports on this list of some wireless routers that could route AppleTalk
between the wired and wireless sides. Two that I made note of are Netgear MR314 and
Linksys WRT54G, and I think I recall that there was an SMC Barricade model also (one with
an "A" at the end of the model number, IIRC). You could check the list archives; there
may be more.

I haven't actually tried any of these myself.

I print directly from my MP2100 to an HP LaserJet 4M Plus on my LAN using AppleTalk over
wired ethernet. Haven't tried the LPR driver yet, which I guess I will need for wireless
printing since my wireless router is not one of the above.

Michael