Re: [NTLK] [OT] Dell to Acquire Apple

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 05:30:39 PDT

Yes, again, I would side with Ian's prophetic judgement.

Ostensibly, the "reason" for a sellout is that Steve want to jump ship
at the height of Apple's rosy financial statements, as did Jerry
Seinfeld** at the end of his series, so that he can pursue other
divergent personal projects with whatever time he has left on the
planet. Who knows. Just idle speculation as usual no doubt. I can not
corroborate this information. Just happened to stumble into it. I
really don't know. John

**NEW YORK (CNN) -- Turning his back on a reported NBC offer of $5
million an episode for the 1998-99 season, comedian Jerry Seinfeld says
his decision to stop producing 'Seinfeld' after this season is all about
"timing."
<http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/9712/26/seinfeld/>

10/18/05 Ian R. Campbell issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?