[NTLK] Change "date sent" tag in SimpleMail?

From: Michael C. Wittmann (mwittmann_at_maine.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 09:35:34 PDT

Hi, all,

Is it at all possible to have SimpleMail use the creation date of the
Note I am mailing as the "Date Sent" time stamp? I know, it's logical
to use the date that the email was actually sent, but sometimes I'd
like to have the date of its creation (or last modification) be the
date stamp it has upon being sent out.

Or, correspondingly, is there a way to go into OS X Mail (or the text
files themselves) to change the date sent (or date received) to be
what I would like? Thanks for any help people can give,

Michael Wittmann
(2000 or 2100 user since 1998)