Re: [NTLK] Eclipse Today!

From: RAParker (RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET)
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 18:50:49 PDT

On Oct 3, 2005, at 5:34 PM, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> Woohoo! Lucky for me my 120/2.0 is still in service, so I got to see
> the eclipse easter egg :D
>
> (FYI: This easter egg is only on the 120/2.0 and 130 models... aren't
> you glad you held onto yours? :)
>
> And for those of you who don't know: in the NOS 2.0 ROM, the
> programmers
> added an easter egg: on the day of every solar eclipse around the world
> up to... 2010, the first time you turn your Newton on that day you will
> be treated to an animation of a solar eclipse on the splash screen.
>
> -Victor

I knew my 120 was special! I had no idea it was THAT special.

First time I saw it, back in 2003, it threw me a little. "Was that an
eclipse on my Newton?" Then, that same day, I happened to read on the
web that there was an eclipse as well...it was totally delightful to
know that my Newton knew it too.

Only till 2010? Bummer! I honestly can see myself using my Newton long
after that. Darn those short-sited programmers anyhow. So, what's it
mean? Only 10 more opportunities to surprised by it? Well, guess you
just gotta consider, everyday's a blessing.

Ron

--
Sent using Mail for Mac OS X. Cyberdog lives!
--
    |\ | @ Quadzilla.NET